I struck retro craft book gold with this 1978 number called Creative Crafts.
The projects certainly are... creative.
Thought you might like to take a look at some of my favourites, (click on photos to enlarge), in order from top photo to bottom:
- Described as a 'Matisse-inspired hand-appliqued dress', this is essentially a poncho made from a duvet. The model is walking along by a metropolitan river to keep it chic.
- These are giant chicken sculptures, covered in tiny sea shells.
- 'Joke' candles, featuring a wax ice-cream for tricking a child, a bundle of dynamite and a champagne bottle for a romantic night in.
- A fold-up deck chair with rich needlepoint work.
- A tapestry pig footstool.
- This one is a life-sized doll, named 'Layabout Larry.' Terrifying!