I'll be teaching some workshops at HANDMADE again this year, and two will involve making this bear from my book. Want to join us? I've been making up some bears as samples and was reminded how enjoyable it is to work with linen and to make toys. The class is also a 'junior-friendly', which means adults are free to bring along a young person aged between 7-12 to make a teddy too. So bring your son or daughter, nephew, niece or grandchild and make a day of it!
Here are the reasons why I think you should come to this class:
* Making stuff in a group is friendly and fun.
* The design is simple but you'll learn a few technical tricks for future soft toy making.
* The bear can be made up in many different kinds of fabric: I've used soft and cosy jersey as well as recycled velveteen (see those bears here)
* Each student can take home their own copy of my pattern and instructions - so you can make many more bears.
* You'll always have a beautiful handmade gift idea for new babies in your life.
* I'll bring chocolate to share.
HANDMADE takes place in Wellington, from May 31- June 1. For more information about the class, click here (scroll down a bit)