This winter was the one in which Keira finally outgrew the coat I'd made for her in Norway. We got a pretty long run from it, really. So I dreamt up this new one for her and finished it last week, just in time for the cold snap. I used some vintage wool plaid for the outside, and some equally old rayon-cotton for the lining. I started out with a commercial pattern- (Kwik Sew #3818) but made quite a few changes- one being to fully line the whole garment. Also I adjusted the size (K is rather on the small side) and omitted the double-breasted look. The front of the coat closes inside with big snaps, and has loops on the outside.
I wish you a very happy weekend- we are settling in by the fire to watch The Princess Bride with the neighbours.