I found this old maternity top pattern a while ago, thinking the sleeveless design would make a good summer top- you know, since I seem to love that smock-style so much.
I made it up this week, in some Japanese quilting fabric I had been hoarding for a while- olive green with an Umeboshi blossom pattern.
It was fun to make, but I did end up having to make a lot of adjustments- the finished garment was really big and tent-like, so I ended up taking out the zip I had laboriously sewn in, and cutting a fairly big panel of fabric out from both sides. Hmm, perhaps using a maternity pattern wasn't the easiest way to go about making this top. I also omitted the front buttons and apron-like pockets, which I kind of regret now.
I replaced the back-zip with a small hook-and-eye closure instead, and it's still easy enough to take on and off without it.
My next job is to make another for a friend who actually is pregnant.